Monday, September 7, 2009

A Moxie Fab Christmas...

Ok... so my hayfever was H E double hockey sticks this weekend.  Another wonderful excuse to spend my holiday Monday at my craft table.  I was checking my blogger updates and noticed that I had TOTALLY missed that PaperCrafts Magazine was having not just one challenge but FIVE... Holy Cow!!!  You must check it out... Moxie Fab World.

Here is my entry for the Clean and Graphic Challenge... sorry about the photo quality... my camera's batteries were low...

This card is WAY outside of my comfort zone... you mean no ribbon...or distressing... oh my...

But I still had fun.  Card stocks are SU (Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss), DP is from Making Memories, Stamp is SU as well as the Rhinestone Brads in green clear and Red.

I wish the image quality was better... but oh well... the contest closes tonight... no time.
Onto the next category which is completely within my comfort zone... Vintage and Shabby Chic.  I had fun with this card.
The DP and Tag are from last year's FA LA LA line from Making Memories.  The cardstock is SU Kiwi Kiss and the sentiment is a SU Stamp that came with the Country Living Chrismas Ornament Kit.  I distressed the edges of the cardstock and DP with my distressing tool and then liberally rubbed Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye all around the edges.  Then I curled the two corners... Voila... shabby, chic and VINTAGE... whoot whoot.


For the Classy and Elegant category I completed this card:













It is SU cardstock in Bashful Blue and Going Gray with snowflakes stamped with Ranger Distress Ink in Broken China.  Then I took one of my punches and put holes along each side.  I threaded white ribbon over and under and tucked the ends underneath the card.  The shimmery HOPE is from Fancy Pants and is rubbed with Distressing Ink and adhered with Glue Dots.  I then punched the corners with an old Creative Memories photo corner punch and Voila... Again the photo quality sucks... sorry.

My last entry for the Moxie Fab Challenge is in the Fun and Cute Challenge.  I made a variation on this card last Christmas but gave it away... sniff... So I HAD to make a new one.  I have to say I just love it.


Just about everything on this card is SU except the little red frame around the word peace which is stamped on Very Vanilla carstock.  The Chipboard stars were inked with SU Classick Inks in Real Red and Old Olive.  Sooooo cute.

I hope these cards are Moxie Fab enough for the contest... if not at least I had a blast making them.

Hugs!!  Kel

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty bunch of cards Kelly! I entered these Moxie Fab World challenges too - no winners for me - but it was fun making the cards!

    It was great meeting you in VT too! thanks for stopping by my blog - Kent and I went to Robert Frost's Stone Farm and the Bennington Pottery store yesterdy - and today we went to Hildene (Robert Todd Lincoln's Vt summer place) - as well as up the sky line drive - the weather has been sunny and warm (after the cloudy weekend we had!)

    ReplyDelete