Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Busy Weekend of Krafting

I had three crafting goals to achieve this weekend.

1. Participate a Mojo Monday sketch challenge;
2. Try Beate's Wiper Card Tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers; and
3. Do the Sheet Load August sketch challenge.

I am happy to report...because my child is a SAINT... that I was able to finish ALL three!!! Whoooppppiiiieeee...
First:  Mojo Monday...did you know Mojo turned 100 this week and to celebrate their terrifically gifted team has been posting new layouts on a DAILY basis?  I know I can't keep up but I have been loving what the ladies have been creating.  Nothing like a little "kraft voyeurism" to keep the paper crafting creative juices flowing! 

I participated in Mojo 100 - Day 5 sketch challenge put together by the very talented Teresa Kline (check out her blog here).   I had a LOT of fun with this card.  
It all started with this fab tree stamp from Great Impressions which I picked up at my local scrapbooking store The Scrapbox.  I stamped the wee tree with Memento ink in tuxedo black and used my Stampin Up chalks and a blender pen to fill it it.  Then, I put a thin covering of crystal effects laquer over the chalks to seal the image and make the colours pop a little.   I FINALLY succumbed to the lure of Tim Holtz and the amazing distressing inks he has through Ranger.  I used broken china which is a nice denim blue to stamp a background image (also from Great Impressions) and then rubbed it all over the card base using a sponge.  Then I flicked water droplets on the ink and let the the "magic" happen.  LOVE IT.  All cardstock and DP used for this card is Stampin Up.  The Ribbon is from the Haunted line by Cosmo Cricket.  The card is topped off with Kaiser adhesive pearls and a mini library clip.  Cute...so cute. 

SECOND:  The Wiper Card...the tutorial was fab as usual (Beate is a goddess) but I can't say I loved the results.  The "wiper" doesn't really want to fold back down into the card so it's really a "one shot deal" so to speak.  However, it ended up super cute.  Here it is...















All  card stock, DP and accessories are SU.  The wee little bird stamp is from Great Impressions and is coloured with my WONDERFUL Pantone Tria markers.  I will blog about these fab alcohol markers soon! 

LAST:  but not least...my Sheet Load submission... whew... this card was cut, recut, stuck and restuck... I had a hard time making it work.  I was committed to use my free Whimsie Doodles digi stamp on this card.  Isn't he just the cutest little turtle EVER???  The images are coloured with Tria markers and SU inks with a watercolour pen.  it's not my best card...nor my worst.  Maybe I'll try again... but not now...






















Oh well, gotta run.  My sweet pea wants to play ponies in the tub... at least there's bubbles.

XOXOXO  K

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the blogosphere! Love your cards - you should come over and show me your pantone markers.....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, just LOOK at that beautiful tree card, its a stunner for sure! I'm so so so glad that you came by my blog to say HI! It was great to meet you at SVT!!

    ReplyDelete